2007-03-14

Beautiful Pictures of Okinawa

Today I found some of the most beautiful pictures of Okinawa in the form of a video. It made me cry; they are going to build a heliport for the US military on the sea coast right near my apartment complex and that is the sea where dougongs are said to live. I have never encountered any dugongs but I was awestruck by the beauty of the sea when I snorkeled for the first time around an inhabitated island off that very coast. Now the sea has already become dirtier because of the drilling survey and the submergence of an amphibious vehicle owned by US military.
If only there were no human beings the earth would remain as green and as beautiful as ever. We should be ashamed of our own greediness because I believe what is happening in the outside world is a reflection of our own mind.
Anyway, I hope more people will watch this video and kindly think about what our goverment, together with the US, is going to do to this beautiful island.

This video was taken and edited by nakamura10ban san and its original URL is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKbSIgWGFYs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes..it is very sad indeed if the beauty of nature is going to be destroyed by people's deed & greed..

sk

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.