2007-03-27

The Word "Arigato"

The Japanese word "arigato," which means "thank you," has its origin in Buddhism. The adjective of the word "arigatai" literally means "almost impossible" or "miraculous."

Considering there are so many creatures in the world, I have to admit it was miraculous I was born as a human being; there should have been many more chances for me to be born as another creature, or not to be born at all. It was even more miraculous we met each other and made friends.

When I think of this miracle of life I cannot help feeling deep joy inside myself. Life is beautiful because it is miraculous and I appreciate it all the more because I know there will be an end to it.

So I would like to say "arigato" to all for not only being my friends but making me alive; my life is chained to all the other creatures and without these chains I would not be able to stay alive.

1 comment:

AKCHAR said...

Just a great story wonderfully written will stay forever!